Foodware powered by Dynamics 365 Business Central – by Benny Dor
- Production batch sizes app. Wasnt on the roadmap but team decided to pursue it as this is significant to customers
- Shop Floor Control Production app – why didnt they just use the standard ERP functionality for this? They developed an app because they wanted something elegant and simple. instead of including all fields, this filters out all the noise and pushes out data the customer needs to see.
- Warehouse scanning app – added functionality to an existing app to make it specific to the food industry.
- There are more apps that have been developed – maybe link to an app page?
- The apps will be available in AppSource for customers soon. Work instructions will be included for users to have follow to set up the apps and test which apps are applicable to them
From Dynamics NAV to Dynamics 365 Business Central
A summary of the benefits and functionality of Dynamics 365 Business Central
My Business View
- Cash Available
- Sales Profitability
- Net Income
- Inventory Value
- Machine Learning
- Cash Flow Forecast
- Inventory Forecast
- Late payment prediction (planned)
Insights to Actions
- Overdue Invoices
- Invoices Due
- Vendor Payments Due or Past Due
- Customer Balance
- List Views (Smart Lists)
Office and Mobility
- BC App for Phone / Tablet
- View Data in Outlook
- View in Excel
- Invite Outside Accountant
- Power BI
- Mini Trial Balance
- Cash Cycle
- General Ledger Entries List
- Customers List
- Vendors List
- Read and Notification Scenarios
- Create Any Mobile or Browser App to Read BC or GP Extension Tables
How can customers use the Power Platform? Power Platform can be used by customers that dont need specific ERP functionality but have specific processes that are outside the ERP – for example, document management, quality assurance, creation of new items in a company are supported by PowerApps, Power Platform. Some processes and communication could be managed by Office 365 apps, Sharepoint, Teams, etc. The best way to benefit from the D365 business central is to embrace all aspects of the integrated apps. The Power Platform consists of Microsoft Flow, PowerApps, and Power BI which allows Foodware 365 to add customizations for a company without interfering with the main ERP code.
Migration path from NAV to BC with Foodware 365
There are several paths available. Foodware 365 has started with 3 things:
- reinventing the shop floor control and quality control which has been redesigned which is available for Foodware 365 On-Premise and the SaaS solution.
- The DXF (Data Exchange Framework) which is a completely new framework for EDI purposes. There are a lot of customers that need the ability to interact with their retailers and their software solutions.
2 solutions for migration path – Business Central on-prem contains all functionality that was available in Foodware and NAV. Working towards Foodware SaaS, currently not all functionality is available, but Foodware is working in waves to ensure the functionality is developed and optimized.
Customers operating on NAV can upgrade to BC and Foodware 365 with ease. For the on-prem version customers can do a standard license upgrade as they have done in the past. Upgrading to SaaS will be supported by migration tools for customers to ease the transition into the cloud.
main thing is foodware didnt try add on to BC they developed apps and solutions around the system to integrate with it. They developed solutions and extensions around quality check, non conformances (customer complaints) and scanning can be used with mobile devices to increase productivity in the warehouse.