Visual Scheduling to improve Manufacturing
The Business Central Manufacturing solution can be greatly improved with the use of visual scheduling. The Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central provides a comprehensive manufacturing functionality out-of-the-box. The strong manufacturing fundamental includes the ability to:
- create BOMs (even multi-level BOMs with variants),
- define items with a variety of replenishment functions,
- create routings,
- as well as work and machine centers.
Furthermore, there are production orders to which you can post output and consumption and a powerful MRP engine brings all of this together with your demand forecast and your sales orders.
In that way, a lot of Business Central manufacturing is designed to help you manage item supply and demand in a mid-term perspective. Hence, it gives you a proper time schedule.
However, Business Central is neither designed to make all the above visual nor designed to support you with shorter-term (finite) capacity scheduling.
Visual scheduling builds on this fundamental platform and can improve it.
Given the complexities of running any manufacturing operation and working with ERP systems, companies such as NETRONIC have had the opportunity to fill a void in the industry when it comes to visualization. With more than 40 years of experience in visual scheduling technology, NETRONIC’s solution is best encapsulated in various forms of an interactive Gantt chart. Gantt charts provide the following benefits:
- Comprehensive overview of time-related and resource-oriented schedule with dependencies and constraints
- Highlight conflicts and enable corrective actions to make the necessary adjustments to the schedule
This visualization gives you a better idea of what is going to happen. It has a clear structure that makes it even easier to manage unexpected incidents, allowing you to make better decisions. Thus, exists the saying “a picture is worth a thousand words”.
Here are the functionalities that NETRONIC’s fully integrated visual scheduling solutions bring to Business Central:
- Fully integrated into Business Central and accepting Business Central as the “single point if truth”
- Combine relevant data from various Business Central tables into an intuitive interface
- Understand the bigger picture by seeing your orders and the respective resources assigned to them
- Interact with the Business Central data visualized on the Gantt Chart on the fly
- Understand your data faster and make better informed decisions
Adding visual scheduling to Business Central for manufacturing allows for faster decisions, happier clients and better use of resources.
allonline365 is a partner of Netronic software solutions for the African region.